Here we are. Day one of the "New Year". I've had the last week off of work and taken some time for reflection on goals for 2017. Mostly where I would like to see myself improve in relation to my personal life, health and our finances.
I won't get into too much detail on the specifics but here are some generalizations;
- Spend more time with family, especially my wife and our dog.
- Plan and take a real vacation.
- Lose 20 lbs
- Run a 5K by May/June
- Run a 10K by August/September
- Run at least five days per week.
- Eat Smarter
I am planning on using screenshots from Runkeeper after the workouts are completed as well as document the number of exercises (pushups, situps, squats, etc). I just wanted a way to keep myself accountable. I'll probably make all of the posts public but we'll see after the first few :)
- Build up a proper emergency fund and save more towards a down payment on a home.
- Pay off the remaining student loans.
- Pay off the remaining car loan.
- Invest more in company retirement plan.
- Disengage from Social Media.
- This is a weird one but I removed both the primary Facebook and Twitter apps from my phone. I may still use the regular sites in a browser from time to time but not having either at the tips of my fingers whenever the need calls feels better already.
- I am still planning on using Messenger since I have a few family members that use it to keep in contact but I'm definitely not having the main apps installed for awhile.
There are some additional posts I'll probably be doing over time, I would like to get back into the habit of technical posts as well.
Do you have any goals for the new year?